Essentials - Professional Yearly
Proofpoint Essentials protects small and medium-sized enterprises from today’s advanced threats, compliance risks and digital fraud. It offers enterprise-grade security technology and infrastructure—used to protect some of the largest organizations in the world—tailored to the needs of smaller enterprises.
With Proofpoint Essentials, customers can enhance their email security with spam and phishing detection, multilayer anti-virus, a robust filter rules engine. Compliance efforts are supported with policy-enforced encryption and a cloud-based email archive managed in a simple, intuitive user interface. In addition, customers can keep their business communications up and running in the event of planned or unplanned outages with email continuity and the Proofpoint Emergency Inbox.
Proofpoint Essentials works with many email platforms, including Microsoft Office 365, and is available in four packages – Beginner, Business, Advanced, and Professional. A listing of the features that are available with each package can be found in the linked data sheet, “Proofpoint Essentials Packages Overview.” Those features include:
- Signature-based Anti-Virus: Proofpoint provides multi-layered antivirus protection in the cloud with sophisticated antivirus engines that are highly accurate, effective, and fast. It blocks all known viruses, while heuristic scanning discovers and protects against emerging threats.
- Spam Filtering: Powered by the patented MLX machine-learning technology, Proofpoint spam and phishing technology efficiently analyzes hundreds of attributes in every email. This advanced scanning accurately filters emails by examining envelope headers and structure, content, email sender reputation, images and more, to prevent spam emails, malware, other malicious email and attachment-based spam from reaching inboxes. Each user has access to a consolidated user quarantine digest email with per-email options to “release”, “release and approve” to whitelist sender, or “block” to block sender going forward.
- Zero-hour Outbreak Protection: Instantly protects users against new, never-before-seen email threats as soon as they arise, so customers know that their inbox is always secure. This fully automated solution defends against new outbreaks before most Antivirus vendors can issue updates.
- Content Filtering: Intelligent email content filtering service enables organizations to use a flexible rules engine to enforce email communication policies. The content filter scans the header, subject, and body, and detect a large variety of attachments, including Microsoft Office, PDFs, compressed file types, executable files (.exe), and all major media types.
- Outbound Filtering: Ensures all email sent through the Essentials platform is free from viruses, malware and other malicious content. Message trace functionality lets the sender know whether the message has been delivered, bounced, delayed, or rejected. Organizations can also add a disclaimer to all outbound mail.
- URL Defense: Leveraging the advanced power of Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection, URL Defense stops and blocks malicious URLs using predictive analysis, advanced malware detection, and real-time dynamic analysis.
- Attachment Defense: This helps small to mid-sized enterprises detect malicious attachments by leveraging the power of Targeted Attack Protection, the industry’s most effective defense against advanced threats. Intelligence gathered by dynamic malware analysis is used to identify and block malicious attachments that are designed to evade traditional security solutions.
- Email Data Loss Protection (DLP): Email DLP helps organizations to protect confidential and proprietary information and comply with regulations. DLP dictionaries and smart identifiers provide automatically updateable policies for lowest administrative cost and highest accuracy, while custom policies can be easily created and deployed.
- Email Encryption: This helps organizations to reduce the potential negative impacts of data loss by automatically encrypting email. End users can trigger encryption by using a pre-defined tag in the email subject line or by installing an Outlook plug-in that provides access to a “send securely” button. Internal users, including the original sender and internal recipients, can compose, read and respond to all encrypted emails in their inbox. External users use Secure Mail (a web-based interface) to read and respond to encrypted emails they’ve received.
- Social Media Account Protection: Providing advanced protection for social media accounts, this feature automates the content and security moderation process and controls the applications that can access and publish content across an organization’s social media networks.
- Emergency Inbox: This provides end-user access to email in the event of an email service outage. It is activated instantly and automatically upon detection of an outage, and users can open, read, download attachments and reply to any email queuing.
- Instant Replay: With the Essentials Instant Replay feature, end users can easily replay successfully delivered emails received in the last 30-days that may have been wrongly deleted or accidentally removed from servers.
- Email Spooling: Email spooling and failover provides a comprehensive, extremely low-maintenance answer to your backup MX management needs. It preserves email metadata during an outage and delivers quick restoration of SMTP traffic to the primary site once recovery is detected.
- Archiving: Proofpoint email archiving helps to eliminate data storage constraints and meet legal and regulatory obligations with a 10-year cloud archive, which ensures organizations stay protected and compliant. The service features real-time envelope journaling for local Exchange and Office 365 and unlimited storage.
- Search and eDiscovery: The Essentials email archive comes with advance search capabilities for the super-fast and easy retrieval of specific emails and attachments. This fully-hosted solution features world-class search and legal discovery, configurable retention policies, and an easy-to-use search archive audit log.
Proofpoint Essentials has advanced reporting capabilities and administrative controls like multi-level logins, domain management, comprehensive and instant log search, and Active Directory sync for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Azure.