Microsoft Project Plan 5 enables users to guide any project with a cloud-based project and portfolio management solution that’s perfect for portfolio and resource managers, and solution administrators. Project Plan 5 includes all Project Plan 3 functionality, plus demand management, enterprise resource management, and portfolio analysis and optimization.
Project Plan 5 provides a variety of views into the project, including:
- Grid view, for planning and managing projects using an ordered list of tasks.
- Board view, which visually tracks project tasks for better workflow and status, using out-of-box and custom task boards.
- Timeline (Gantt) view, which helps team members track and understand dates, assignments and the relationships of project tasks in visual timeline view.
The demand management functionality enables users to capture and evaluate project ideas from anywhere in the organization through a standardized process. Enterprise resource management provides insight into how resources are used across projects to optimize assignments. Model different portfolio scenarios to determine the best strategic path by weighing project proposals against strategic business drivers.
Project Plan 5 promotes collaboration and communication via Microsoft Teams, and coauthoring features that enable stakeholders and team members to edit and update task lists and protect schedules simultaneously.
Pre-built reports help track progress on projects, resources, programs, and portfolios. Users can submit timesheets, to capture project and non-project time spent, for payroll, invoicing, and other business purposes.
Project Plan 5 makes it easy to manage project resources, enabling users to assign resources to project tasks and use resource engagements to request and lock in resources. It provides insight into the project roadmap, with features that allow users to build visual, interactive roadmaps by aggregating different project types across the organization.
- Project, task, and time management
- Demand Management
- Resource, program, and portfolio management
- Customization and integration
- Security, user, and service management
- Promotes collaboration
- Helps drive portfolio value
- Improves project outcomes
- Provides a platform for better decision making
- Cost effective solution