Microsoft Defender Plan 1 GCC helps protect mailboxes, files, online storage, and applications against new, sophisticated attacks in real time. It offers holistic protection in Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business.
By protecting against unsafe attachments and expanding protection against malicious links, it complements the security features of Exchange Online Protection to provide better zero-day protection.
Safe Links functionality expands on this by protecting your environment when users click a link. While the content is being scanned, the URLs are rewritten to go through Office 365. The URLs are examined in real time, at the time a user clicks them. If a link is unsafe, the user is warned not to visit the site or informed that the site has been blocked.
Microsoft Defender Plan 1 GCC with advanced threat reporting and message trace allow you to investigate messages that have been blocked due to unknown viruses or malware, while URL trace capability allows you to track individual malicious links in the messages that have been clicked.
You must add Microsoft Defender Plan 1 GCC to the following Exchange and Office 365 subscription plans:
- Microsoft Exchange Online Plan 1
- Microsoft Exchange Online Plan 2
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise F1
- Microsoft Exchange Online Protection
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E1
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E5
- Microsoft Office 365 Education packages (A1, A3, A5)
- Safe Attachments prevents threats from malicious email attachments
- Safe Links protects your environment when users click a link
- Advanced threat reporting
- Guards against unknown and sophisticated attack
- Protects Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business
Eligibility and Validation: Office 365 Government plans are available to (1) qualified government entities, including US federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government entities, and (2) other entities (subject to validation of eligibility) who handle data subject to government regulations and requirements, where use of Office 365 Government is appropriate to meet these regulations and requirements. The approval and provisioning of net-new GCC tenants may take up to five (5) business days to complete.